Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tagged?


Emily had to explain the rules to me (since she tagged me, she felt obligated). While I struggled to get my head around Rule #4, Mike tagged me, too. Now Emily has called 'no-tag-backs' so I will falter on that point Rule #4. Here are the rules, for what it's worth:


1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.


Six unspectacular quirks:


1. I check the weather online about twenty-plus times a day.
2. I'm addicted to air-popped popcorn.
3. I dislike dreaming.
4. I can't wear wet socks.
5. Despite Emily's vocal objections, I'm still hopeful I'll have, one day, a motorcycle with a sidecar.
6. Though I pursued poli-sci in a former life, I cannot tolerate political emails.


I've never been too good with rules or keeping chains going, nor can I think of six people outside of those I've seen getting tagged over the past couple days.


Completely unrelated, your life will be incomplete until you check out the Cover Tune Grab Bag.

3 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

that eye of the tigger..oops, i mean eye of the tiger had me crying i was laughing so hard.
p.s. who likes wearing wet socks?

Melissa said...

My life is now complete. Vanilla Ice was my fave.

The Twilight Books are very well written and very clean. That's what I like about them. I am about 1/2 way through the first one, but so far, nothing has given me pause. Of course, I wouldn't want my girls to date a vampire, but that's pretty unlikely, right????????

Josh said...

I have not read Twilight. I understand that many say exactly as you have that is well written. The question I posed about is this a relationship you'd desire for your daughter was posed by a youth leader who had read the book. I have read several reviews of the book by moms with teen girls who believe the book does not promote a healthy relationship, not because she's dating a vampire, but because he is her highest priority. According to their comments, her decisions for her life (for example, her desire for eternal life, despite his protests) center around this 'boy'. If these woman are correct, I don't have so much a problem with the book, if for mature females (the more I read about it I doubt most males would be interested), but it should not be marketed toward teen girls. I'd prefer them to read (as well as teen boys) something like Joshua Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye.